Holiday Booking Conditions
1. The Housing Act 1988 Schedule1, Part1, Section 9 – The hirer is granted the right to occupy the accommodation for a holiday only.
2. Agency – We must emphasise that we are strictly agents for numerous individual owners and we do not manage the majority of properties offered. We merely find hirers for the owners, based on the instructions and information given to us. It will, therefore, be appreciated that we are ultimately in the hands of the owners when it comes to control and upkeep of the various properties listed. This is why the hire contract is between the hirer and the owner and not with ourselves. Should there be any complaint about the accommodation, the hirer shall put this complaint in writing to the owner direct, together with a copy of the same to Miles & Son before the end of the hiring period. No complaint can be entertained after the end of the hiring.
3. Descriptions of properties – Whilst every endeavour is made, to ensure that the descriptive details are correct, owners can alter furniture and equipment at any time. Please note that Miles & Son have no control over these matters. It is your responsibility entirely to ensure that the property you decide to hire measures up in all respects to your own standards, expectations and requirements, which may differ from the accepted standards of the majority. In order to assist, we have endeavoured to indicate the standard of accommodation offered by a Star Guide and described in the brochure. However, this guide is only based on the opinion of Miles & Son when we made inspections, normally the prebious Autumn and from comments received from tenants of previous years. It should be borne in mind that this is holiday accommodation only. Its accuracy is not guaranteed and Miles & Son cannot accept any responsibility for decisions based upon it.
4. Hire period – The minimum period of hire is one week and the maximum four weeks, except for short breaks. Occupancy commences at 3pm and terminates at 10am unless otherwise stated on individual property descriptions.
5. Charges – These are quoted weekly and include electricity and/or gas except where otherwise stated in the property description.
No linen, towels or tea towels are provided unless otherwise stated.. However, blankets or duvets, pillows, cooking utensils, crockery and cutlery are provided in sufficient quantities to meet normal requirements of holidaymakers, based on the number of people the property is stated to sleep comfortably.
Breakages and damages are not included in your holiday price. Where these occur, hirers are asked to replace the items with similar, or to inform the owner/caretaker immediately and reimburse before departure.
6. Animals and other pets – No animals or other pets may enter the premises or garden areas unless permitted by the brochure and a surcharge of £10 paid per animal per week, also with prior written consent from the owner. In any case they must never left alone in the property or allowed on the furniture of beds.
7. Availability of properties – Is shown on our website www.milesandson.co.uk or can be obtained by telephoning the office.
8. Booking and deposit – (A) We would recommend telephoning Miles & Son first to check availability and to make a provisional reservation. This will be reserved for one week only. (B) Complete the booking form and return it to us as soon as possible together with the requested deposit, preferably stating two alternative properties and dates. All bookings are subject to the owners confirmation and the property being available. Immediately a form is received the owner’s agreement will be sought and your booking will be confirmed. This may take up to 10 days. If no reply received after this period, please verify position with our office. In cases where the owner cannot accept your booking and alternatives cannot be arranged, your booking deposit will be returned.
If your hiring is due commence within 8 weeks of your booking, please send the full rent with your booking form. Any bookings within 6 days of commencement of hiring can only be on a cash or credit card basis, not cheque.
9. Payment of balance and key arrangements – The balance of hiring charge is due to be paid 8 weeks before your holiday commences without further reminder. On receipt of this we will inform you of the arrangements regarding keys which should be returned to the place of collection, or as directed, by 10am on departure day.
10. Cancellation Policy - All confirmed bookings represent a contract between the hirer and the property owner. if the hirer wishes to cancel the booking, at any time, they will still be liable for the balances of the charges, but if they wish they may instruct Miles & Son to endeavour to re-let the property. if they are successful, the re-letting charges are: 15% of the total rent plus VAT. This sum will then be deducted from the deposit, if held, and the balance returned to the hirer. Failure to re-let renders the hirer liable for the full balance of any outstanding charges as per the booking agreement. We advise all hirers to take out their own insurance cover to cover such an event.
11. The hirer agrees with the owner as follows:
(i) To use the accommodation carefully and at all times to keep and leave it in a clean and tidy state and to pay the cost of cleaning, renewals, repairs or redecoration necessitated by any damage incurred during the period of the holiday (reasonable wear and tear and damage by fore excepted); not to permit any annoyance to adjoining occupiers; not to do or permit to be done on the premises anything which causes to be vitiated the insurance of the premises or to increase the rate of premium for such insurance; to comply with all estate regulations and lease terms (if any) affecting the accommodation, which may be displayed on the premises and not to allow more than the stated number of persons on the booking form to occupy the hiring.
(ii) To permit the owner of the owner’s agent and workmen to enter the accommodation at any reasonable time of the day (or at any time in the event of an emergency) to inspect the condition thereof or for the purpose of carrying out any repairs that may require to be done.
(iii) Not to waste gas, electricity or water at the accommodation.
(iv) To pay the costs of all telephone calls, if any.
(v) To leave the property as he/she would wish to find it; to leave the furniture and effects at the end of hiring in the rooms or places in which they were at teh beginning of the holiday.
12. Information given by staff – Our staff are always willing to assist and offer additional guidance to prospective holidaymakers but no statements made by them shall be construed as warranties or representations.
13. Breach of agreement – If the hirer is in breach of any of his/her obligations above, then the owner of the owner’s agent may re-enter the accommodation and immediately thereupon the hirers right to occupy the accommodation shall cease but without prejudice to the owner’s rights or remedies.
14. Occupation at hirer’s risk – Use of the accommodation is at the hirer’s risk and no liability shall fall upon Miles & Son or the owner(s) for injury to occupants or damage to or loss of the occupants’ belongings or property.